- SOLIDWORKS and SW PDM System Requirements
- Preparing for Installation
- How to Download SOLIDWORKS
- SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager (.exe)
- How to Request a Manual Download for SOLIDWORKS
- How To Order A SOLIDWORKS Media Kit
- Installing – A Complete Overview to Managing a CAD Environment
- SOLIDWORKS Hardware Guide
- SOLIDWORKS Individual Installation
- How to Modify Your SOLIDWORKS Installation
- How to Repair Your SOLIDWORKS Installation
- Performing a Clean Uninstall
- How to Quickly Update SOLIDWORKS to a Newer Service Pack
- How to Transfer a Standalone License
- Install Multiple Versions
- SOLIDWORKS Activation Wizard: How to Transfer SOLIDWORKS License
- SOLIDWORKS Network Licensing
- How to Upgrade SolidNetWork License Manager
- Moving from SOLIDWORKS Standalone to Network Licenses
- Adding License to an Existing SolidNetwork License Manager
- Use Options File to Reserve Licenses for Specific Users
- SOLIDWORKS SolidNetWork License Order Guide
- How to Reactivate SOLIDWORKS Network Licenses
- How to Move the SOLIDWORKS SolidNetWork License Manager to a New Server
- SOLIDWORKS SolidNetwork License Manager Overview
- How to Install the SolidNetwork License Manager
- Reserve Licenses with Options File
- SOLIDWORKS Keyboard Shortcuts
- SOLIDWORKS Copy Settings Wizard
- Accessing Xpress Tools
- How To Tell Who Has a SOLIDWORKS File Open
- How to Use SOLIDWORKS Pack and Go
- SOLIDWORKS Administration Overview
- Rebuild Types and How They Work
- Understanding SOLIDWORKS Settings and Templates
- How to create SOLIDWORKS Part, Assembly, and Drawing Templates
- Utilizing Cloud Storage with SOLIDWORKS
- Automate File Exports with Task Scheduler
- Troubleshooting Weldment Cut List Consolidation
- SOLIDWORKS Multi-sheet Custom Properties Source
- How to Use Save As with References
- How to Troubleshoot Graphical Issues
- PDM How to Work in Off-line Mode
- How to Use PDM Move Tree
- How to Use PDM Copy Tree
- PDM - What are Private State Files?
- PDM Search Operators
- How to Set PDM to Details View in Windows File Explorer
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Search Results – Which Configuration’s Variables are Displayed?
- PDM Automatic Login Options
- Preview Tab Options
- How To Overwrite Latest PDM Version
- Difference Between Versions and Revisions
- How to export search results from PDM
- PDM Administrators: Roles and Responsibilities
- PDM License Type Matrix
- PDM Server Recommendations
- PDM Backup Procedures
- How to Reset Your SOLIDWORKS PDM Admin Password
- How to Control Get Version Commands
- Adding a PDM Vault View with a Windows Azure Active Directory Account
- PDM Major Minor Revisions
- How to Set Revision Manually in PDM
- How to Set Up Revision Tables
- PDM - What are Version Free Variables?
- PDM How to Rollback a File to a Previous Version
- PDM Setting Cache Options Automatically
- How to Change PDM Date Formatting
- How to Delete a PDM User Completely
- How to Reset Web2 Authentication in IIS
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Connectivity Test Tool
- How to Configure the SOLIDWORKS PDM Local HOSTS file to Resolve Server Name
- Create Local Vault View Shortcut
- How to Configure a Computer to be a PDM Task Host
- How to Setup a Dedicated Unattended Task Host
- How to use PDM Database Upgrade Tool
- Collect Support Information for PDM
- Update Credentials for PDM Archive Server
- Update Credentials for PDM Database Server
- Creating and Using PDM Labels
- Troubleshooting PDM Notifications
- PDM Cold Storage and How To Use It
- How to set the PDM Preview Tab Viewer
- How to reset the SQL password for the PDM Vault SQL Server
- SOLIDWORKS Strategies for Using the File Version Upgrade Tool (FVUT)
- How To Relocate An Existing SOLIDWORKS Vault View To Another Drive
- How to manually remove a disconnected PDM Vault View
- How To Relocate Vault Archive Folders To Another Drive
- How to Setup Toolbox in PDM - SOLIDWORKS
- Show all articles ( 20 ) Collapse Articles
- Create Local Vault View
- How to Delete or Recreate a Local Vault View
- Create Local PDM Vault View Using .cvs File
- How to Change PDM Client License Type after Installation
- PDM File Version Upgrade Tool
- PDM Upgrade Checklist
- How to Upgrade SOLIDWORKS PDM Add-ins
- SOLIDWORKS PDM: Moving Server Components - Checklist
- How to Install SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard
- SOLIDWORKS PDM / Manage Installation Guide (PDF)
- Install Microsoft SQL 2019 for PDM Professional
- How to Install PDM Client Software
- Change SQL Server License
- How to Upgrade SOLIDWORKS Toolbox in PDM - AUTOMATICALLY
- How to Upgrade SOLIDWORKS Toolbox in PDM - MANUALLY
- Windows Firewall Exceptions for SOLIDWORKS Network Based Products
- Why Users Need Local Admin Rights to Install SOLIDWORKS
- How to Run SOLIDWORKS with Administrator Permissions
- Blank SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager - Resolution
- SOLIDWORKS RX - The Ultimate CAD Diagnostic Tool
- SOLIDWORKS Safe Modes
- How to Force SOLIDWORKS to Use Your Graphics Card
- How to Ensure that You are Running a SOLIDWORKS Certified Graphics Card Driver
- Troubleshooting SOLIDWORKS Installation Issues
- Resolution to Common File Location Errors
- Non-Matching Internal ID
- Could not obtain a license for SOLIDWORKS CAM. Invalid (inconsistent) license key
- “The Source Folder Is Not Versioned Properly…” Error when Modifying Serial Number
- “A Newer Version of This Product is Already Installed” Error when Installing SOLIDWORKS
- "Error obtaining License (-85, 147, 0)"
- SOLIDWORKS Search Routine Order
- How to Restore Dismissed SOLIDWORKS Messages
- Viewing SOLIDWORKS Configurations in eDrawings
- How to Modify the Reference/Update Dialog Dismissal Time
- SOLIDWORKS Educational Resources
- How to Change the SOLIDWORKS Language
- Restore Your File Associations
- How To Reset SOLIDWORKS Registry
- Resolve "Sheet Format Could Not Be Located"
- How To Correct The "Default Templates Are Not Valid" Error
- Correcting foreign language characters in the FeatureManager Tree
- How to Collect CXPAs
- Show all articles ( 12 ) Collapse Articles
- Simulation Meshing Guide
- How to Duplicate and Reuse Simulation Study Data
- Setting Up Default Options for SOLIDWORKS Simulation Studies
- Which Type of Elements Should I Use?
- Is SOLIDWORKS Simulation Accurate?
- Getting Started with Simulation
- The Basics of Setting Up a Study in Simulation
- Do I Need Non-linear Simulation?
- Submodeling Studies – The What, Why, & How of Using Them in SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- What To Do When you get the “Excessive Displacement” Warning in SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- How to Create Temperature Dependent Custom Materials in SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- How to Export Flow Simulation Results to Import into FEA
Resolve “Sheet Format Could Not Be Located”
Resolve "Sheet Format Could Not Be Located"
If the sheet format referenced by a drawing sheet is not accessible by your computer when you add an additional sheet, then the warning message ‘The sheet format could not be located’ will be displayed, since SOLIDWORKS uses the referenced sheet format of the sheet being copied to create the new sheet.
Although it can be a frustrating interruption while drafting, the missing sheet format can be solved quickly with a few short steps.
Solution - Correct the Current Drawing
1. Click OK to close the warning message ‘The sheet format could not be located’.
2. In the newly opened Sheet Format/Size dialog, click the Browse button and navigate to the sheet format you would like to use.
3. If you do not know which sheet format is referenced by the original sheet, then click Cancel (the system creates a new blank drawing sheet without a sheet format. Delete this newly created blank sheet).
4. Right-click the original sheet’s tab (typically sheet1) and select Properties.
5. In the newly opened Sheet Properties dialog, under the Sheet Format/Size section, review the file path of the current sheet format and follow one of the steps below:
If the sheet format file path is not accessible
If path listed is not accessible to your computer, such as a coworkers C: drive or an unavailable network location, then obtain a local copy or work with your SOLIDWORKS admin/IT group to gain access to the network location for sheet formats. Once you obtain a copy of the sheet format or access to the sheet format location, proceed to step 6.
If the sheet format cannot be located
If the sheet format cannot be located, was renamed, or if the drawing was provided by someone outside your organization, then you can save the sheet format from the original sheet and apply it to the drawing sheet. Click Cancel to close the Sheet Properties dialog and then select File > Save Sheet Format to save it as a .slddrt filetype. Proceed to step 6.
6. Once the sheet format has been located or saved as new, edit the original sheet’s properties by right clicking the sheet’s tab and selecting Properties. Under the Sheet Format/Size section, click Browse to locate and select the correct sheet format. Click Apply Changes to return to the sheet.
7. Add an additional drawing sheet as normal. SOLIDWORKS will use the newly referenced sheet format when creating the new sheet.
Solution - Correct the Drawing Template
To avoid ‘The sheet format could not be located’ for new drawings, the drawing template should be reviewed and updated to include the current location for the correct sheet format.
Note: We recommend Storing Custom SOLIDWORKS Templates and Sheet Formats in a Custom Location using this guide.
1. Start a new drawing using the drawing template (File > New, choose a drawing template).
2. Right-click the sheet’s tab and select Properties.
3. In the newly opened Sheet Properties dialog, under the Sheet Format/Size section, click the Browse button to locate and select the desired sheet format (.slddrt).
4. Click Apply Changes to return to the sheet.
5. Select File > Save As… and save as a Drawing Template (.drwdot) filetype to your templates folder set in Tools > Options > System Options tab > File Locations, and then select Sheet Formats from the dropdown list.
6. Now when creating a new drawing, the template is referencing the correct sheet format.
If you have any follow-up questions and are an MLC CAD Systems customer, please contact support at 800-364-1652 x 2 or by email at email@example.com.
You can also click here to submit your Technical Support Case.