- SOLIDWORKS and SW PDM System Requirements
- Preparing for Installation
- How to Download SOLIDWORKS
- SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager (.exe)
- How to Request a Manual Download for SOLIDWORKS
- How To Order A SOLIDWORKS Media Kit
- Installing – A Complete Overview to Managing a CAD Environment
- SOLIDWORKS Hardware Guide
- SOLIDWORKS Individual Installation
- How to Modify Your SOLIDWORKS Installation
- How to Repair Your SOLIDWORKS Installation
- Performing a Clean Uninstall
- How to Quickly Update SOLIDWORKS to a Newer Service Pack
- How to Transfer a Standalone License
- Install Multiple Versions
- SOLIDWORKS Activation Wizard: How to Transfer SOLIDWORKS License
- SOLIDWORKS Network Licensing
- How to Upgrade SolidNetWork License Manager
- Moving from SOLIDWORKS Standalone to Network Licenses
- Adding License to an Existing SolidNetwork License Manager
- Use Options File to Reserve Licenses for Specific Users
- SOLIDWORKS SolidNetWork License Order Guide
- How to Reactivate SOLIDWORKS Network Licenses
- How to Move the SOLIDWORKS SolidNetWork License Manager to a New Server
- SOLIDWORKS SolidNetwork License Manager Overview
- How to Install the SolidNetwork License Manager
- Reserve Licenses with Options File
- SOLIDWORKS Keyboard Shortcuts
- SOLIDWORKS Copy Settings Wizard
- Accessing Xpress Tools
- How To Tell Who Has a SOLIDWORKS File Open
- How to Use SOLIDWORKS Pack and Go
- SOLIDWORKS Administration Overview
- Rebuild Types and How They Work
- Understanding SOLIDWORKS Settings and Templates
- How to create SOLIDWORKS Part, Assembly, and Drawing Templates
- Utilizing Cloud Storage with SOLIDWORKS
- Automate File Exports with Task Scheduler
- Troubleshooting Weldment Cut List Consolidation
- SOLIDWORKS Multi-sheet Custom Properties Source
- How to Use Save As with References
- How to Troubleshoot Graphical Issues
- PDM How to Work in Off-line Mode
- How to Use PDM Move Tree
- How to Use PDM Copy Tree
- PDM - What are Private State Files?
- PDM Search Operators
- How to Set PDM to Details View in Windows File Explorer
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Search Results – Which Configuration’s Variables are Displayed?
- PDM Automatic Login Options
- Preview Tab Options
- How To Overwrite Latest PDM Version
- Difference Between Versions and Revisions
- How to export search results from PDM
- PDM Administrators: Roles and Responsibilities
- PDM License Type Matrix
- PDM Server Recommendations
- PDM Backup Procedures
- How to Reset Your SOLIDWORKS PDM Admin Password
- How to Control Get Version Commands
- Adding a PDM Vault View with a Windows Azure Active Directory Account
- PDM Major Minor Revisions
- How to Set Revision Manually in PDM
- How to Set Up Revision Tables
- PDM - What are Version Free Variables?
- PDM How to Rollback a File to a Previous Version
- PDM Setting Cache Options Automatically
- How to Change PDM Date Formatting
- How to Delete a PDM User Completely
- How to Reset Web2 Authentication in IIS
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Connectivity Test Tool
- How to Configure the SOLIDWORKS PDM Local HOSTS file to Resolve Server Name
- Create Local Vault View Shortcut
- How to Configure a Computer to be a PDM Task Host
- How to Setup a Dedicated Unattended Task Host
- How to use PDM Database Upgrade Tool
- Collect Support Information for PDM
- Update Credentials for PDM Archive Server
- Update Credentials for PDM Database Server
- Creating and Using PDM Labels
- Troubleshooting PDM Notifications
- PDM Cold Storage and How To Use It
- How to set the PDM Preview Tab Viewer
- How to reset the SQL password for the PDM Vault SQL Server
- SOLIDWORKS Strategies for Using the File Version Upgrade Tool (FVUT)
- How To Relocate An Existing SOLIDWORKS Vault View To Another Drive
- How to manually remove a disconnected PDM Vault View
- How To Relocate Vault Archive Folders To Another Drive
- How to Setup Toolbox in PDM - SOLIDWORKS
- Show all articles ( 20 ) Collapse Articles
- Create Local Vault View
- How to Delete or Recreate a Local Vault View
- Create Local PDM Vault View Using .cvs File
- How to Change PDM Client License Type after Installation
- PDM File Version Upgrade Tool
- PDM Upgrade Checklist
- How to Upgrade SOLIDWORKS PDM Add-ins
- SOLIDWORKS PDM: Moving Server Components - Checklist
- How to Install SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard
- SOLIDWORKS PDM / Manage Installation Guide (PDF)
- Install Microsoft SQL 2019 for PDM Professional
- How to Install PDM Client Software
- Change SQL Server License
- How to Upgrade SOLIDWORKS Toolbox in PDM - AUTOMATICALLY
- How to Upgrade SOLIDWORKS Toolbox in PDM - MANUALLY
- Windows Firewall Exceptions for SOLIDWORKS Network Based Products
- Why Users Need Local Admin Rights to Install SOLIDWORKS
- How to Run SOLIDWORKS with Administrator Permissions
- Blank SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager - Resolution
- SOLIDWORKS RX - The Ultimate CAD Diagnostic Tool
- SOLIDWORKS Safe Modes
- How to Force SOLIDWORKS to Use Your Graphics Card
- How to Ensure that You are Running a SOLIDWORKS Certified Graphics Card Driver
- Troubleshooting SOLIDWORKS Installation Issues
- Resolution to Common File Location Errors
- Non-Matching Internal ID
- Could not obtain a license for SOLIDWORKS CAM. Invalid (inconsistent) license key
- “The Source Folder Is Not Versioned Properly…” Error when Modifying Serial Number
- “A Newer Version of This Product is Already Installed” Error when Installing SOLIDWORKS
- "Error obtaining License (-85, 147, 0)"
- SOLIDWORKS Search Routine Order
- How to Restore Dismissed SOLIDWORKS Messages
- Viewing SOLIDWORKS Configurations in eDrawings
- How to Modify the Reference/Update Dialog Dismissal Time
- SOLIDWORKS Educational Resources
- How to Change the SOLIDWORKS Language
- Restore Your File Associations
- How To Reset SOLIDWORKS Registry
- Resolve "Sheet Format Could Not Be Located"
- How To Correct The "Default Templates Are Not Valid" Error
- Correcting foreign language characters in the FeatureManager Tree
- How to Collect CXPAs
- Show all articles ( 12 ) Collapse Articles
- Simulation Meshing Guide
- How to Duplicate and Reuse Simulation Study Data
- Setting Up Default Options for SOLIDWORKS Simulation Studies
- Which Type of Elements Should I Use?
- Is SOLIDWORKS Simulation Accurate?
- Getting Started with Simulation
- The Basics of Setting Up a Study in Simulation
- Do I Need Non-linear Simulation?
- Submodeling Studies – The What, Why, & How of Using Them in SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- What To Do When you get the “Excessive Displacement” Warning in SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- How to Create Temperature Dependent Custom Materials in SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- How to Export Flow Simulation Results to Import into FEA
PDM Major Minor Revisions
PDM Major Minor Revisions
SOLIDWORKS PDM Revision Numbers can be configured to meet a variety of industry or company specific needs, including single character alpha or numeric values as well as major and minor revision schemes.
This article details how to configure PDM Revisions Numbers to manage Major and Minor revisions. For example, a revision scheme that uses alphabetical major revisions and numeric minor revisions as shown here A-01, B-01, B-02, C-01… or any other combination of major or minor schemes. The general example steps detailed below can be modified to fit your company’s specific needs.
Note: PDM Standard is limited to two Revision Components. Major and Minor will utilize both available components.
1 Create Revision Number Components.
2 Create the Revision Numbers and link
3 Configure the Workflow
4 Workflow Change #1
Workflow change #1, configure the state where the revision is first applied. In this example, the state named Approved.
• Edit the state’s properties.
• Revision Numbers tab.
• From the revision numbers dropdown, select Major Minor REV System. Note that both the Major and Minor REV Components display in the name column.
• Leave the values blank for Increment by and Reset to.
• Click OK to save the changes to the state.
5 Workflow Change #2
Workflow change #2, configure the transition which precedes the Approved state from above. In this example, transition named Passed Approval.
• Edit the transition’s properties.
• Revision Numbers tab.
• The Major and Minor REV Components will be displayed under the name column automatically since they exist in the State being transitioned to.
• For both Major and Minor REV Components, set the Reset to value to 1.
• The preview column will reflect the corresponding values (Major REV Component = A, Minor REV Component = 01).
• Click OK to save the changes to the transition.
6 Workflow Change #3
7 Workflow Change #4
8 Test the Workflow
Transition a test file through the modified workflow, testing each major and minor transition. Review the test file’s history to confirm the revision is incrementing correctly (right-click a file and select History).
Revision: A-01 was the initial revision when the file transitioned through Passed Approval to Approved.
Revision: B-01 is a major revision when the file was transitioned through Major REV Change to Approved.
Revision: B-02 is a minor revision change when the file was transitioned through Minor REV Change to Approved.
Revision: C-02 is another major revision change when the file transitioned through Major REV Change to Approved.
If you have any questions about configuring Revision Numbers, feel free to reach out to MLC CAD Systems, and we will be happy to assist you.