- SOLIDWORKS and SW PDM System Requirements
- Preparing for Installation
- How to Download SOLIDWORKS
- SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager (.exe)
- How to Request a Manual Download for SOLIDWORKS
- How To Order A SOLIDWORKS Media Kit
- Installing – A Complete Overview to Managing a CAD Environment
- SOLIDWORKS Individual Installation
- How to Modify Your SOLIDWORKS Installation
- How to Repair Your SOLIDWORKS Installation
- SOLIDWORKS Activation Wizard: How to Transfer SOLIDWORKS License
- Performing a Clean Uninstall
- How to Quickly Update SOLIDWORKS to a Newer Service Pack
- Install the 3DEXPERIENCE Add-in for SOLIDWORKS
- How to Transfer a Standalone License
- Install Multiple Versions
- SOLIDWORKS Network Licensing
- How to Upgrade SolidNetWork License Manager
- Moving from SOLIDWORKS Standalone to Network Licenses
- Adding License to an Existing SolidNetwork License Manager
- Use Options File to Reserve Licenses for Specific Users
- SOLIDWORKS SolidNetWork License Order Guide
- How to Reactivate SOLIDWORKS Network Licenses
- How to Move the SOLIDWORKS SolidNetWork License Manager to a New Server
- SOLIDWORKS SolidNetwork License Manager Overview
- How to Install the SolidNetwork License Manager
- Reserve Licenses with Options File
- How to Create A Customer Portal Account
- How to Reset SOLIDWORKS Account Password
- The SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base – Help Resolve Your SOLIDWORKS Questions
- Enhancement Requests for SOLIDWORKS CAD Admin Users
- Enhancement Requests for SOLIDWORKS Users
- How to get FREE Certification Testing
- How To Unlock SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal
- SOLIDWORKS Hardware Guide
- SOLIDWORKS Keyboard Shortcuts
- SOLIDWORKS Copy Settings Wizard
- Accessing Xpress Tools
- How To Tell Who Has a SOLIDWORKS File Open
- How to Use SOLIDWORKS Pack and Go
- SOLIDWORKS Administration Overview
- Rebuild Types and How They Work
- How to Store SOLIDWORKS Templates on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
- Understanding SOLIDWORKS Settings and Templates
- How to create SOLIDWORKS Part, Assembly, and Drawing Templates
- Utilizing Cloud Storage with SOLIDWORKS
- Automate File Exports with Task Scheduler
- Troubleshooting Weldment Cut List Consolidation
- How to Collect CXPAs
- SOLIDWORKS Multi-sheet Custom Properties Source
- Show all articles ( 1 ) Collapse Articles
- PDM How to Work in Off-line Mode
- Enhancement Requests for PDM Users
- How to Use PDM Move Tree
- How to Use PDM Copy Tree
- PDM - What are Private State Files?
- PDM Search Operators
- How to Set PDM to Details View in Windows File Explorer
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Search Results – Which Configuration’s Variables are Displayed?
- PDM Automatic Login Options
- Preview Tab Options
- How To Overwrite Latest PDM Version
- Difference Between Versions and Revisions
- Correcting foreign language characters in the FeatureManager Tree
- How to add Hydrostatic Load
- How to manually remove a disconnected PDM Vault View
- How to reset the SQL password for the PDM Vault SQL Server
- How to export search results from PDM
- What To Do When you get the “Excessive Displacement” Warning in SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- Show all articles ( 3 ) Collapse Articles
- PDM Administrators: Roles and Responsibilities
- PDM License Type Matrix
- PDM Server Recommendations
- PDM Backup Procedures
- How to Reset Your SOLIDWORKS PDM Admin Password
- How to Control Get Version Commands
- Adding a PDM Vault View with a Windows Azure Active Directory Account
- PDM Major Minor Revisions
- How to Set Revision Manually in PDM
- How to Set Up Revision Tables
- PDM - What are Version Free Variables?
- PDM How to Rollback a File to a Previous Version
- PDM Setting Cache Options Automatically
- How to Change PDM Date Formatting
- How to Delete a PDM User Completely
- How to Reset Web2 Authentication in IIS
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Connectivity Test Tool
- How to Configure the SOLIDWORKS PDM Local HOSTS file to Resolve Server Name
- Create Local Vault View Shortcut
- How to Configure a Computer to be a PDM Task Host
- How to Setup a Dedicated Unattended Task Host
- How to use PDM Database Upgrade Tool
- Collect Support Information for PDM
- Update Credentials for PDM Archive Server
- Update Credentials for PDM Database Server
- Creating and Using PDM Labels
- Troubleshooting PDM Notifications
- PDM Cold Storage and How To Use It
- How to set the PDM Preview Tab Viewer
- Show all articles ( 14 ) Collapse Articles
- Create Local Vault View
- How to Delete or Recreate a Local Vault View
- Create Local PDM Vault View Using .cvs File
- How to Change PDM Client License Type after Installation
- PDM File Version Upgrade Tool
- PDM Upgrade Checklist
- How to Upgrade SOLIDWORKS PDM Add-ins
- How to Upgrade SOLIDWORKS Toolbox in PDM
- SOLIDWORKS PDM: Moving Server Components - Checklist
- How to Install SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard
- SOLIDWORKS PDM / Manage Installation Guide (PDF)
- Install Microsoft SQL 2019 for PDM Professional
- How to Install PDM Client Software
- Windows Firewall Exceptions for SOLIDWORKS Network Based Products
- Why Users Need Local Admin Rights to Install SOLIDWORKS
- How to Run SOLIDWORKS with Administrator Permissions
- Blank SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager - Resolution
- SOLIDWORKS RX - The Ultimate CAD Diagnostic Tool
- SOLIDWORKS Safe Modes
- How to Force SOLIDWORKS to Use Your Graphics Card
- How to Ensure that You are Running a SOLIDWORKS Certified Graphics Card Driver
- Troubleshooting SOLIDWORKS Installation Issues
- Resolution to Common File Location Errors
- Non-Matching Internal ID
- Could not obtain a license for SOLIDWORKS CAM. Invalid (inconsistent) license key
- “The Source Folder Is Not Versioned Properly…” Error when Modifying Serial Number
- “A Newer Version of This Product is Already Installed” Error when Installing SOLIDWORKS
- "Error obtaining License (-85, 147, 0)"
- SOLIDWORKS Search Routine Order
- How to Restore Dismissed SOLIDWORKS Messages
- Viewing SOLIDWORKS Configurations in eDrawings
- How to Modify the Reference/Update Dialog Dismissal Time
- SOLIDWORKS Educational Resources
- How to Change the SOLIDWORKS Language
- Change SQL Server License
- Restore Your File Associations
- How To Reset SOLIDWORKS Registry
- Resolve "Sheet Format Could Not Be Located"
- How To Correct The "Default Templates Are Not Valid" Error
- Show all articles ( 11 ) Collapse Articles
- Simulation Meshing Guide
- How to Duplicate and Reuse Simulation Study Data
- Setting Up Default Options for SOLIDWORKS Simulation Studies
- Which Type of Elements Should I Use?
- Is SOLIDWORKS Simulation Accurate?
- Getting Started with Simulation
- The Basics of Setting Up a Study in Simulation
- Do I Need Non-linear Simulation?
How to Set Revision Manually in PDM
How to Set Revision Manually in PDM
The Set Revision command allows users to manually set the revision of files in PDM to any value in their revision scheme while also updating the revision variable defined on the data card. Before Set Revision is available for use, a few steps need configured by the PDM Admin to set required permissions as well as configure the Workflow State in which the Set Revision command can be applied.
- Users must have appropriate permissions.
- The file cannot be checked out.
- A revision scheme must be defined for the current Workflow State of the file.
- The Revision variable must be assigned for the current Workflow State for the Update Variable option.
Admin Set Up: Permissions
In the PDM Administrative Tool for users or groups, in Folder Permissions and State Permissions, select the folder(s) and state(s) where files will be allowed to have the revision updated manually. Activate the permission Set Revision and Check Out file.
Admin Set up: Workflow State
The PDM Revision Component and Revision Variable must be specified in the State for the Set Revision command to update the correct variable.
- 1. Edit the desired State.
- 2. On the Revision Numbers tab, select the appropriate Revision Component and then select the Revision Variable used for your revisions. (this example used variable Revision).
- 3. Click OK to apply the changes.
- 4. Save the Workflow.
Using the Set Revision Command
To set the revision manually, select the file(s) and then select Modify > Set Revision.
Local Revision vs. Revision Variable:
- 1. Revision Variable = the variable value displayed on the data card.
- 2. Local Revision = the revision of the actual digital file.
Note, in this example, the Revision Variable is currently ‘B’ and the Local Revision is ‘No revision’.
In the Set Revision dialog:
- 1. Select which files to Set Revision.
- 2. Verify the file(s) are not Checked Out.
- 3. Review the Current Revision (if one exists).
- 4. Select the desired New Revision from the dropdown list (this is the Revision Component list).
- 5. Review the Data Card Variable (if one exists).
- 6. Select the Update Variable checkbox to also update the PDM revision variable on the data card.
- 7. Add an appropriate Comment and then click OK to set the revision.
Verify the Revision and History
The Revision Variable and Local Revision now match. The Set Revision command also adds a row to History defining which revision was set as well as the comment entered when the command was executed.
If you experience any unexpected behavior or have any questions regarding SOLIDWORKS installation, please submit a technical support request.