- Show all articles ( 12 ) Collapse Articles
How to Run SOLIDWORKS with Administrator Permissions
Why Users Need Local Admin Rights to Install SOLIDWORKS
In environments where users have limited Windows permissions and access to the required Windows registry keys, SOLIDWORKS can be run with administrator permissions each time the application starts.
To learn why SOLIDWORKS requires administrative permissions read Why Users Need Local Admin Rights to Install SOLIDWORKS
1. Locate the SOLIDWORKS executable file ‘SLDWORKS.exe’. The default location is ‘C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS’
2. Right-click SLDWORKS.exe and select Properties
3. At the bottom of the properties dialog, select the Compatability tab and then select ‘Change settings for all users’.
4. In the Compatability for all users dialog, select the option ‘Run this program as an administrator’.
5. Click Apply and the OK to save your changes and return to the Properties dialog. Click OK again to exit the Properties dialog.
SOLIDWORKS will now run as an administrator each time it starts.