- SOLIDWORKS and SW PDM System Requirements
- Preparing for Installation
- How to Download SOLIDWORKS
- SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager (.exe)
- How to Request a Manual Download for SOLIDWORKS
- How To Order A SOLIDWORKS Media Kit
- Installing – A Complete Overview to Managing a CAD Environment
- SOLIDWORKS Hardware Guide
- SOLIDWORKS Individual Installation
- How to Modify Your SOLIDWORKS Installation
- How to Repair Your SOLIDWORKS Installation
- Performing a Clean Uninstall
- How to Quickly Update SOLIDWORKS to a Newer Service Pack
- How to Transfer a Standalone License
- Install Multiple Versions
- SOLIDWORKS Activation Wizard: How to Transfer SOLIDWORKS License
- SOLIDWORKS Network Licensing
- How to Upgrade SolidNetWork License Manager
- Moving from SOLIDWORKS Standalone to Network Licenses
- Adding License to an Existing SolidNetwork License Manager
- Use Options File to Reserve Licenses for Specific Users
- SOLIDWORKS SolidNetWork License Order Guide
- How to Reactivate SOLIDWORKS Network Licenses
- How to Move the SOLIDWORKS SolidNetWork License Manager to a New Server
- SOLIDWORKS SolidNetwork License Manager Overview
- How to Install the SolidNetwork License Manager
- Reserve Licenses with Options File
- SOLIDWORKS Keyboard Shortcuts
- SOLIDWORKS Copy Settings Wizard
- Accessing Xpress Tools
- How To Tell Who Has a SOLIDWORKS File Open
- How to Use SOLIDWORKS Pack and Go
- SOLIDWORKS Administration Overview
- Rebuild Types and How They Work
- Understanding SOLIDWORKS Settings and Templates
- How to create SOLIDWORKS Part, Assembly, and Drawing Templates
- Utilizing Cloud Storage with SOLIDWORKS
- Automate File Exports with Task Scheduler
- Troubleshooting Weldment Cut List Consolidation
- SOLIDWORKS Multi-sheet Custom Properties Source
- How to Use Save As with References
- How to Troubleshoot Graphical Issues
- PDM How to Work in Off-line Mode
- How to Use PDM Move Tree
- How to Use PDM Copy Tree
- PDM - What are Private State Files?
- PDM Search Operators
- How to Set PDM to Details View in Windows File Explorer
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Search Results – Which Configuration’s Variables are Displayed?
- PDM Automatic Login Options
- Preview Tab Options
- How To Overwrite Latest PDM Version
- Difference Between Versions and Revisions
- How to export search results from PDM
- PDM Administrators: Roles and Responsibilities
- PDM License Type Matrix
- PDM Server Recommendations
- PDM Backup Procedures
- How to Reset Your SOLIDWORKS PDM Admin Password
- How to Control Get Version Commands
- Adding a PDM Vault View with a Windows Azure Active Directory Account
- PDM Major Minor Revisions
- How to Set Revision Manually in PDM
- How to Set Up Revision Tables
- PDM - What are Version Free Variables?
- PDM How to Rollback a File to a Previous Version
- PDM Setting Cache Options Automatically
- How to Change PDM Date Formatting
- How to Delete a PDM User Completely
- How to Reset Web2 Authentication in IIS
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Connectivity Test Tool
- How to Configure the SOLIDWORKS PDM Local HOSTS file to Resolve Server Name
- Create Local Vault View Shortcut
- How to Configure a Computer to be a PDM Task Host
- How to Setup a Dedicated Unattended Task Host
- How to use PDM Database Upgrade Tool
- Collect Support Information for PDM
- Update Credentials for PDM Archive Server
- Update Credentials for PDM Database Server
- Creating and Using PDM Labels
- Troubleshooting PDM Notifications
- PDM Cold Storage and How To Use It
- How to set the PDM Preview Tab Viewer
- How to reset the SQL password for the PDM Vault SQL Server
- SOLIDWORKS Strategies for Using the File Version Upgrade Tool (FVUT)
- How To Relocate An Existing SOLIDWORKS Vault View To Another Drive
- How to manually remove a disconnected PDM Vault View
- How To Relocate Vault Archive Folders To Another Drive
- How to Setup Toolbox in PDM - SOLIDWORKS
- Show all articles ( 20 ) Collapse Articles
- Create Local Vault View
- How to Delete or Recreate a Local Vault View
- Create Local PDM Vault View Using .cvs File
- How to Change PDM Client License Type after Installation
- PDM File Version Upgrade Tool
- PDM Upgrade Checklist
- How to Upgrade SOLIDWORKS PDM Add-ins
- SOLIDWORKS PDM: Moving Server Components - Checklist
- How to Install SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard
- SOLIDWORKS PDM / Manage Installation Guide (PDF)
- Install Microsoft SQL 2019 for PDM Professional
- How to Install PDM Client Software
- Change SQL Server License
- How to Upgrade SOLIDWORKS Toolbox in PDM - AUTOMATICALLY
- How to Upgrade SOLIDWORKS Toolbox in PDM - MANUALLY
- Windows Firewall Exceptions for SOLIDWORKS Network Based Products
- Why Users Need Local Admin Rights to Install SOLIDWORKS
- How to Run SOLIDWORKS with Administrator Permissions
- Blank SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager - Resolution
- SOLIDWORKS RX - The Ultimate CAD Diagnostic Tool
- SOLIDWORKS Safe Modes
- How to Force SOLIDWORKS to Use Your Graphics Card
- How to Ensure that You are Running a SOLIDWORKS Certified Graphics Card Driver
- Troubleshooting SOLIDWORKS Installation Issues
- Resolution to Common File Location Errors
- Non-Matching Internal ID
- Could not obtain a license for SOLIDWORKS CAM. Invalid (inconsistent) license key
- “The Source Folder Is Not Versioned Properly…” Error when Modifying Serial Number
- “A Newer Version of This Product is Already Installed” Error when Installing SOLIDWORKS
- "Error obtaining License (-85, 147, 0)"
- SOLIDWORKS Search Routine Order
- How to Restore Dismissed SOLIDWORKS Messages
- Viewing SOLIDWORKS Configurations in eDrawings
- How to Modify the Reference/Update Dialog Dismissal Time
- SOLIDWORKS Educational Resources
- How to Change the SOLIDWORKS Language
- Restore Your File Associations
- How To Reset SOLIDWORKS Registry
- Resolve "Sheet Format Could Not Be Located"
- How To Correct The "Default Templates Are Not Valid" Error
- Correcting foreign language characters in the FeatureManager Tree
- How to Collect CXPAs
- Show all articles ( 12 ) Collapse Articles
- Simulation Meshing Guide
- How to Duplicate and Reuse Simulation Study Data
- Setting Up Default Options for SOLIDWORKS Simulation Studies
- Which Type of Elements Should I Use?
- Is SOLIDWORKS Simulation Accurate?
- Getting Started with Simulation
- The Basics of Setting Up a Study in Simulation
- Do I Need Non-linear Simulation?
- Submodeling Studies – The What, Why, & How of Using Them in SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- What To Do When you get the “Excessive Displacement” Warning in SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- How to Create Temperature Dependent Custom Materials in SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- How to Export Flow Simulation Results to Import into FEA
How to Change the SOLIDWORKS Language
How to Change the SOLIDWORKS Language
Many companies share their workload all over the world with needs to install SOLIDWORKS and create models using various languages. For multilingual users who may need or want to have SOLIDWORKS open in a different language without changing their entire Windows system, there are just a few steps to switch the SOLIDWORKS installed language only.
For the example in this article, we will be switching the SOLIDWORKS language from English to Spanish while installed on a Windows system set to English without changing anything in the Windows environment. All other programs will remain in English while SOLIDWORKS launches in Spanish.
1 Check for Installed Languages
2 Modify the Installation
Modify the SOLIDWORKS installation to include the desired language, in this case, Spanish.
Review this guide for detailed instructions for modifying the SOLIDWORKS installation
- Open Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Right-click SOLIDWORKS <version> and select Change.
- In the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager, click Next until the Product Selection screen.
- Select the additional language(s) and click Next.
3 Confirm Download
Click OK to accept the notification that you have selected products which require additional download.
Note: If you performed a full media download, this screen may not appear.
4 Review, Accept and Modify
Review the Products to Add to confirm the new language will be installed. On the Summary screen, accept the terms in the lower left corner and then click Download and Modify in the lower right corner.
5 Open Language Folder
Once the modification is complete, the new language folder(s) will be available.
6 Rename Current Language Folder
Note: Make sure all instances of SOLIDWORKS are CLOSED before proceeding.
Rename the english folder to english_Backup (CAUTION! DO NOT DELETE THE FOLDER!)
7 Rename the New Language Folder
Rename spanish folder to english (which now contains the Spanish files)
This will “trick” SOLIDWORKS into opening with Spanish language data. When SOLIDWORKS launches, it will reference the newly renamed English folder, which contains the Spanish language files.
8 Launch SOLIDWORKS
SOLIDWORKS now launches in Spanish. All menus, commands, options, and new features will display in Spanish.
Features retain whichever language they were created in. In this example, the original file was created in English, so the original features are in English even when opened in Spanish.
Features created while SOLIDWORKS is open in Spanish will be named and retain the name in Spanish when opened in English or any other language.
Note: SOLIDWORKS does not currently have a translation/conversion tool. This includes annotations as well. So, if you need to share a drawing in a multilanguage environment, best practice is to include annotations in both languages manually.
Display Menus in English
SOLIDWORKS does include options to display menus and feature names in English when SOLIDWORKS is installed on a foreign language Windows system.
Within SOLIDWORKS on the foreign language machine, select Help > System Options > General
Use English language menus
- Sets the menu language to English when you specify another language during installation, and you set the regional options in the Windows Control Panel to that language. Exit and restart SOLIDWORKS for this change to take effect.
Use English language feature and file names
- Displays feature names in the FeatureManager design tree and automatically creates file names in English. Existing feature and file names in a foreign language do not update when you select this option.
- Available when you run SOLIDWORKS on a foreign language operating system and you installed SOLIDWORKS for that foreign language.
If you have any questions or experience unexpected behavior, feel free to reach out to MLC CAD Systems technical support.
We hope you found this article clear and helpful. If you have feedback or want to request for more information, let us know!MLC CAD Systems