How to Add Contacts and Assign Roles in DSx Client Care – 3DEXPERIENCE
How to Add Contacts and Assign Roles in DSx Client Care
Starting April 10, 2023, SOLIDWORKS entitlement to subscription benefits is defined at the organizational level, and as long as the company owns and maintains SOLIDWORKS products, users will have access to the subscription benefits. Any contacts within the organization will be considered entitled.
If you are an individual that is NOT a SOLIDWORKS Administrator, you must reach out to your SOLIDWORKS Administrator to add your corporate email address as a contact to the entitled organization.
DSx Client Care Roles to Access Benefits
Users only need to be added as a contact in DSx Client Care. This grants them access to subscription benefits, e.g., My.Solidworks training, downloads, etc.
If SOLIDWORKS users also need to create or view Service Requests (SR), then the SOLIDWORKS Administrators (with security administrator role) must grant the Support Restricted role.
How to Add a Contact and Grant Roles
- Log into DSx Client Care.
- Click Main Menu > Contact Administration.
- At the bottom left of the page, select New Contact.
- Fill out the fields with the contact information (First Name, Last Name, and Email are required fields). Click Save and Return.
- From the contact list, locate the new contact and click the Change button in their row.
- Select which roles to assign to the new contact and click OK. Generally, the Support Restricted role is appropriate for most SOLIDWORKS users. A table, only available for Security Administrator roles, describing each role can be found on this page by clicking any of the role names.
- Back in the contact list page, at the bottom left, click the Apply Role Changes button.
The administrator and the new contact should both receive an email confirming the new contact and role. The newly added contact will be considered entitled to subscription service benefits when the user logs in to the 3DEXPERIENCE ID using the same email address defined in the above instructions. If the individual does not have a 3DEXPERIENCE ID, the user can create one using the instructions provided in this link How to Create a 3DEXPERIENCE ID.
Get help from our team by Calling us at 800-364-1652 x 2. You can also get assistance by clicking the Technical Support button or the Email Our Experts button below.