HOW CREATE A LOCAL VAULT VIEW FOR SOLIDWORKS PDM
SOLIDWORKS PDM uses a local folder on the hard drive to store files locally for user interaction and to browse the contents of the vault. This folder is called a File Vault View and must be created for all new client installations, but the view itself is persistent through upgrades. If multiple vaults exist, one view must be created for each vault that the user needs to access.
To create the file vault view using the View Setup wizard:
a. On Windows 7, click Start > All Programs > SOLIDWORKS PDM > View Setup.
b. On Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 or later, from the Windows Start menu
2. click SOLIDWORKS PDM > View Setup.
3. A welcome screen will appear. Click Next.
4. Check the box beside the name of your Archive server and click Next.
If your server does not show in this screen, click Add and type the name of your server.
***Note. If you receive an error related to the server connection, see the Prerequisites section on page 105 of the 2020 installation guide.
5. Check the box beside the name of your vault and click Next.
6. In the Attach location section, specify where on your PC you want the vault view (Blueberry) to be located.
In the Attach type section, determine if the vault view should be Only for me, or For all users on this computer (requires local administrator rights) (recommended)
7. Review actions.
8. Login to PDM with a valid PDM username and password.
9. The Vault View Setup is now complete.