How to Get FREE Certification Testing with an Active Subscription
As of July 17th 2023, SOLIDWORKS has asked us to redirect any user looking for an exam code to email email@example.com. The automatic process is currently disabled as it is being redesigned and enhanced. Dassault’s certification Team will process all voucher requests manually in a prompt manner.
About the Exams
SOLIDWORKS Certification is a symbol of one’s knowledge, skill, and competency with SOLIDWORKS. It also allows you to prove to yourself and others that you are competent with tools within SOLIDWORKS.
If you have an active SOLIDWORKS subscription, you and your team can obtain free SOLIDWORKS Certification Exam codes. Active Subscription customers have access to free exams: One free core Mechanical Design (CSWA or CSWP), one free advanced topic (CSWPA) and one free specialty topic exam voucher can be received for each seat of SOLIDWORKS on Subscription Service. The CSWE exam is not included in the list of FREE exams. The redemption process can be completed twice in a calendar year, once in the January 1 through June 30 timeframe, and then again in the July 1 through December 31 timeframe. When the redemption is completed, the vouchers obtained are valid for 180 days from the date they were obtained. The vouchers are not tied to a specific user so they can be shared with others. Here are some examples of the different exams available. The full list is here: SOLIDWORKS Certification Catalog
Check out our helpful Certification Guide for information about the exams and some preparation materials.
How to Get Your FREE Exams
1. Go to the 3DEXPERIENCE Certification Center
2. Click the Login button on the top right corner
3. Enter your VirtualTester account credentials. If you don’t have an account, click the “Create Account” option. This account is different than your SOLIDWORKS ID.
4. Click the Redemption tab ($) on the lefthand side
5. Follow the prompts to receive your voucher codes. It will require logging in with your SOLIDWORKS ID, if you do not have one create a new one using your work email address. Follow the instructions here: Register Your SOLIDWORKS Serial Number… After that it will prompt you to select which exams you want to obtain Exam Codes for.
Setting up the Tester Software
When you are ready to take an exam, you can setup the tester software by:
1. Navigating to 3DEXPERIENCE Certification Center
2. Click “Download TesterPro Client” in the right hand corner
3. Run the installation and start the software.
4. After running the Tester, you will be prompted to Login in with your VirtualTester account credentials
5. Select SOLIDWORKS from the Brand of Certifications
6. At the top, enter your Exam code/Voucher received from the request above and it will make the exam available to take.
About the author
Jon Duffin is a SOLIDWORKS Technical Support Expert based in the Atlanta area. Prior to his career at MLC CAD Systems, he worked in the defense industry improving the manufacturing processes for Solid Fuel Rocket Motors. He immensely enjoys helping others improve their SOLIDWORKS productivity because it combines his love of engineering with the desire to help other people.